This only works if the computer being used is a member of the IBG Windows domain. Your computer is a member of the IBG Windows domain if the following are true:
- Your computer is on-campus.
- You press
ctrl-alt-deleteand see a login box similar to (it will look different on Vista):
First login to Windows as your normally do.
- Tips on choosing a strong password from ITS.
- The password should be 8 or more characters long
- Include upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and punctuation
- Do not use the characters
: # ' [ ]
- Do not use any dictionary word no matter how obscure
- Do not share your password with anybody
- IBG and ITS support people do not want or need your password
- Sharing of passwords is a direct violation of Section C.1.a of CU's Computing and Network Resources document.
ctrl-alt-deleteto bring up the Windows Security window:
- Click the
- Enter your current password into the
- Enter your new password into the
Confirm New Password:fields
If a message appears saying then your password has successfully been updated. Use your new password to login to your IBG Windows computer and for IBG e-mail and command line access. Press the
Cancel button on the Windows Security window to return to Windows.
If a message comes up saying then your password was entered wrong, or the
username has been changed. The
Old Password is the same as the one used to login to your Windows computer. Try again and verify that the
username is correct and take care in entering your old password correctly.