The next workshop will be held in Boulder, Colorado, March 7-11, 2011, with John Hewitt as Local Host and Pak Sham, Genome Research Centre, University of Hong Kong, as Academic Director. This advanced course is intended for those who have attended earlier Boulder workshops and/or who are already familiar with the statistical and genetic principles for studying human complex traits. The course will include: an introduction to statistical and genetic theory, principles of linkage and association analysis, genome-wide association studies (GWAS), copy number variation, and the analysis of genome sequence data. Hands-on analysis will be an integral part of the course and will employ networked notebook computers.
- Registration November 24, 2010: The course is currently full. Future registrations will be placed on a waiting list.
- Online registration
- Printable registration form
- The registration fee is $500 due by January 21, 2011. After January 21, 2011 the fee goes up to $600.
As in years past, he 2011 International Workshop on Statistical Genetics & Methodology will be held at the Millennium Harvest House in Boulder, Colorado.
Hotel rates for this year’s workshop are:
An upgrade to a Superior level room may be available for an additional charge of $30 per night. Rollaway charges are an additional $20 per night.
Hotel reservations can be made by:
- Visiting this link. This will take you to a site created specifically for making reservations for this workshop.
- Calling the hotel at 1-800-545-6285 (toll free) or 1-303-443-3850 (local) and asking for the Reservations Department. Please remember to reference the group name, IBG 2011, to receive the appropriate group rates.
- Emailing the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to reference the group name, IBG 2011, to receive the appropriate group rates.
A valid major credit card or other satisfactory deposit must be provided to secure all room reservations. The “cut-off date” for room reservations for this block of rooms is February 2nd, 2011 at which point reservations will only be accepted on a space-available basis at the best available rate. Please book early.
The closest airport to Boulder is Denver International Airport (DEN), which is approximately 45 miles from Boulder.
There are several options to get to Boulder from the airport:
- Boulder Super Shuttle is $25 each way or $46 round trip, and drops off at the hotel.
- Car rentals are available at the airport.
Linked are driving directions for taking the E-470 Tollway ($8), or I-70 from the airport to the hotel. The tollroad is quicker and has less traffic than I-70. Most rental car companies have toll passes in their rental cars so toll charges will be paid through the rental agencies.